Mandrake LE2005 ISOs Available

iphitus

Guest anon
There are no LE2005 ISOs there...only 10.1. The ISOs are available by joining the Club. Another false alarm brought to you by iphitus :P

They are Steve, this site has CDs 1 and 2. ftp://mirror.umr.edu/pub/linux/mandrake/M.../iso/10.2/i586/

and this site all three CDs plus the DVD ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distr.../iso/10.2/i586/

If your in England, this site has the lot: ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mandrakel.../iso/10.2/i586/

thanks for jumping the gun there while we're still trying to sync the mirrors! (and thanks to OSNews and Distrowatch too). sheesh, at this rate we'll have to go back to the old trick of mirroring them under the name 'RC2' and renaming them when the mirrors are all done...

Is there a painless way that I can update my rc2 to OE through net without touching my KDE 3.4?

edit: nevermind, figured out myself

Edited by solarian

I just had a question. What are these:

Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-Mini.i586.iso

Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-XBOX-Mini.xbox.iso

Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-XBOX-boot.xbox.iso

I see the regular CD download ISO's but I also saw these and wonder wtf are these. ;)

They're pretty much what they sound like.

Mini, is the mini-install. It is a minimal version of mandrake, important software only, sinlge disk. It's not for the average home user.

xbox mini, same deal, meant for instalation on the xbox, not something I'd really reccomend to any one, but that's a seperate discussion.

xbox boot, could be wrong, but pretty sure this is a live DVD for Xbox. ANyone care to correct me?

I will :). The new XBox images are fixed install media for the XBox. The original ISOs had some bugs in their XBox stuff so didn't really work very well for installing on an XBox. If you have an XBox, you should grab one or the other of those two images, boot from it and use it along with an FTP source or the normal installation discs in order to get the system installed.

Ah ok. Thanks for explaining it. I cant do that on my xbox anyways cuz the dvd drive in it just croaked and I dont have any money to fix it. Heh. Just my luck. Even if it was working I wouldnt do it. I got a computer to put it on. ;)

Edited by Viper_Maniac