hard disk space utility

papaschtroumpf

Nope - but if you run KDE, try the KDiskFree utility.

Or from command line: df -h

I know about those but I'm trying to find something that helps me drill down directory to see who is the biggest user of space and for what files.

Something similar to spacemonger under windows, or actually the representation for the utility I'm thinking of is closer to what overdisk does under windows:

od.jpg

Edited by papaschtroumpf

I don't understanf, this is supposed to be a standard view choice in KDE 3.3 so LE2005 should include it but it's not there. Adding filelight did add a RadialMap View mode to Konqueror (filelight style size representation).

Why am I missing the filesize view? Does anyone else with LE2005 have it?

Also, in the view menu I have a KFileReplace entry, I chose it to see what it does and I got an error that "libkfilereplaceparts.la" was not found in the path

• 2 years later...

The program is called Filelight.

It is excellent and I use it regularly. It is an excellent visual or graphical representation of what is on your Hard Drives. I often recommend it to people.

I am surprised you are still using LE2005. Maybe that is the reason you are not getting the full benefits of Filelight. Perhaps it is not fully compatible with LE2005.

Why people still recommend cli methods of doing this kind of thing is beyond me. ( this doesn't apply to present posters here.)

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn