Netscape won't launch maximised?

ianw1974

After installing MDK 10.1 on my laptop, I decided I would use Netscape 7.2 as my browser. However, I can't seem to find a way of making it run maximised each time I launch it?

Is there any easy way of setting this, so I don't have to keep doing it manually? (yes, sounds lazy I know!!!) Would just save a load of time, and you normally have it maximised anyway when viewing webpages.

Usually you can add an option to the launch command in the icon properties. You just have to find out which one. For example, the original launch command would be:

/path/to/netscape/executable/netscape.executable

And you would change it to:

/path/to/netscape/executable/netscape.executable --maximized

or whatever the command to launch maximized would be. To find that out you will probably have to Google around or read the Netscape documentation.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Nate

Also, I'd suggest you just use Firefox instead of Netscape, since Netscape 7.2 is Firefox with extra ads and the UI turned into a monstrosity. Firefox will probably be able to work properly with the WM settings and start maximised every time, too.

I'll have a go and see if I can get the parameter to work, else I'll just use Firefox, as I know that runs maximised OK.

I just quite liked the way Netscape integrated better, than Firefox, as it now works as my default browser without having to edit too much.