LE2k5 won't start install

Guest Mahneraki

Guest Mahneraki

Good Morning

First of all I wanna say that Mandrake rocks an im lovin it.

I downloaded Mandriva and have a realy huge problem.

When i boot from CD, the Menu shows up where i can press Enter, F1 or F2. (For Help)

When I press Enter the screen where normaly the pinguin with a smile shoud com stays black. No matter how long i wait.

I Tried it on two different PC-Systems, and on both it worked, but on mine it wont.! Its driving me nuts.

Here are my Specs:

Asus A8V Deluxe

AMD 64 3500+

1GB Corsair 3200 RAM

6800GT

1x WD Raptor SATA on wich is winxp installed and also mandriva should be

2x Samsung 160GB

DVD-Burner Plextor

DVD Rom Lite on (from which i am installing)

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the SATA. But can anyone help me and say what it is?

Please

Mahneraki

Guest Mahneraki

I reset the bios options and unpluged all usb devices. But it still dont wanna start the install.

Please help me somewone, or even try. I am a member and payd for it. I really want to give Mandrake a try cos I realy want to give linux a try!!!

PLEASE

I reset the bios options and unpluged all usb devices. But it still dont wanna start the install.

Please help me somewone, or even try. I am a member and payd for it. I really want to give Mandrake a try cos I realy want to give linux a try!!!

PLEASE

try making a boot disk

i have install CD's not the dvd . put the cd into a windows box and you'll see a link to make a boot disk . i have found booting from a floppy gets some tricky installs from dvd drives to work

if that doesn't work...

using windows

you want to run /dosutils/rawwrite then point to the 1.4 img file in /install/images

Edited by ddmcse

Guest Mahneraki

PLEASE

try making a boot disk

i have install CD's not the dvd . put the cd into a windows box and you'll see a link to make a boot disk . i have found booting from a floppy gets some tricky installs from dvd drives to work

if that doesn't work...

using windows

you want to run /dosutils/rawwrite then point to the 1.4 img file in /install/images

Nope, still nothing is happening. Tryed both ways.

Ï am relly getting pissed!

Have no ideas what else to try

• 1 month later...
Guest milford

In Bios, disable USB2 controllers, power off your PC, power on and retry setup.

It will work, but as soon as you enable USB2 in Bios even after setup is completed, boot will hang with a black screen.

I had no problems re SATA and AMD64 in setting up my young friends computer just using the normal Mandriva2005-LE version and not the Mandriva 64 version and it is running AOK as we speak.

I suspect that you have not enabled SATA in the BIOS. Some boards have SATA disabled by default.

Check that first.

Cheers. John.

If disabling ACPI and all the rest fail, then try booting

a. From the second Mandy CD, not the first one.

b. Booting first "Smart Boot Manager":

http://btmgr.webframe.org/

Boot from the SBM CD, and move the boot menu choice down to your CD-ROM. Now don't hit enter, just replace the CD with the first (or second) Mandy CD, let it in for a while so the drive will spin it, and then hit enter.

How will Fedora core fix his problem ???

If he can´t get Mandriva installed, it is unlikely he will be able to install Fedora.

Are you sure such a comment realy helps or contributes ???.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn