CPU Temperature monitor

ffrr

Install lm-sensors (http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/) with urpmi lm-sensors and run the setup script sensors-detect (open a console, login as root and type: sensors-detect. Follow the instructions.)

With a program like ksensors (or countless superkaramba themes) you can now check CPU temp, fan speed etcetc.

To control fan speed you need acpi. Install both acpi packages (can't remember the exact names), go to the Mandrake Control Center, system, services and make sure both acpi services are running. Now go to the kde control center to adjust what you want to adjust.

Guest water_cooling_man
i use lm_sensors with gkrellm. i love it.

Jon, I'm running Mandrake 10.1 Official and Gkrellm 2.2.2. I've installed the lm_monitors package using Rpmdrake. However, I still cannot configure Gkrellm to show temperatures when I go to the Sensors configuration tab of Gkrellm. I have a line item for Temperatures, but when I highlight it, the Enable feature is not active. What do I need to do to get Gkrellm to display my temps? Thanks!

Run sensors-detect to determine which modules you need to load for lm_sensors to actually get readings, then add those modules to /etc/modprobe.preload .

I get ...

[root@localhost /]# sensors-detect

No i2c device files found. Use prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh to create them.

and I don't seem to have any mkdev.sh????