Firefox

Darkelve

I was just pointing out that Firefox is a multi-OS program.

It runs on Linux, sure, but it also does on Mac, Solaris, Win and others. Open source isn't just Linux.

AFAIK, firefox (mozilla) was working on Linux long before those other OSs. So, it started out on Linux and then got ported to all the others, thus making this topic perfect for this Everything Linux forum. ;)

AFAIK, firefox (mozilla) was working on Linux long before those other OSs. So, it started out on Linux and then got ported to all the others, thus making this topic perfect for this Everything Linux forum. ;)

Actually it was initially based on netscape code, which started on windows and then got shared around to Linux and Mac. Over time a majority of that netscape code has been replaced. The development of phoenix/firebird/firefox has been parallel, with all 3 platforms being worked on at the same time.

Here at work, only IE can pass the proxy, using a certificate.

As for the stats, those were roughly the same at my site (Firefox winner), until my wife's part of the site began getting more attention; then IE came up to Firefox' level, and will soon be first.

So I conclude that people working with computers, and people using Linux, are better informed, and thus use Firefox :) But people that don't know computers that well (or don't care), and use the default OS that comes with it (ms) also use the default browser that comes with it: IE...

Yves.

Guest anon

Yes, i knew it originally came from Netscape and then after AOL bought them they gave the source sode away, but was sure mozilla was working on Linux before the others.

Oh well.......

I use IE at work to visit this site...mostly on Saturdays since it's very slow at work. The rest of the week I rarely use the internet for personal use at work. Firefox at home...and I've downloaded it more than 10 times...but since it's gone to 1.0 probably 4 times. I first remember using it when it was firebird.

Guest Wonderful2005

I have used the linux operating system for a year .in my opinion ,i think linux is very

wonderful.i love it .(sorry for my poor english).

I've been using Firefox on my win98 machine at work for quite a while. Last month work finally got me a newer machine with winXP. My bosses are not big spenders. First thing I did was install Firefox and Thunderbird on it.

At home I have been exclusively using firefox & thunderbird on windoze & linux for a long time. Even got my wife using both on her windoze machine.

While on the net recently, I noticed several articles about how IE7 won't be available to win2000 users (like me). I thought Big deal, who cares...?