Should I get Mandriva Linux Limited Edition 2005?

Guest Coffee-OD

That's always a tough question. It inculudes many updated programs, and support for even more hardware.

If you haven't actualy installed 10.1 yet, I'd say go ahead and get 2005. If you have 10.1, and you have to ask, I'd only upgrade if you think it will fix something that's wrong with 10.1

so you can always give it a shot and then reinstall the older version if you don't like the new version. typically with me, hardware problems either get completely resolved or new hardware difficulties appear due to OLD hardware. i typically end up being impressed with the smoothness of each release of (formerly) mandrake and it's install. however, i'm typically also a little disappointed with the stablity (or quirkiness) of at least one application when the quirks and stabiltiy of a previous version get fixed.

it's up to you. i'll give it a try. i've still got my mdk10.1 cds just in case.

Something that I did and it actually worked this time: I installed the RC (Mandrake 10.2RC2) and then preformed and upgrade via urpmi. It worked flawlessly and I have a new 2005LE Mandriva system. It is really the first time that an upgrade path has ever worked for me. I think that this is a good distro to have.

Except that you should take the time to ditch the ridiculous penguin! :twisted:

Have the 3cd iso's been released?

the ISO's has just been released, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to boot off them. I've tried putting in CD's 2 and 3 first just to see if it will maybe boot off those, but no dice. I've even changed burners and media. No luck.

I tried network install, but I think that my floppy drive is f-d up. I got issues.