Thac kde 3.4

mikeee

Hey all, I recently tried upgrading to kde 3.4 via thac's rpms. I have all rpm repositories configured via easy urpmi, and have thac's rpms setup as well. After installation I'm confronted with a login screen (mdkkdm?) that has a bunch of users such as 'admin,' 'games,' etc. (weren't there before . . . ) I click my regular login name on this screen and enter my password and the screen suddenly goes blank and I'm returned to the same login screen, over and over and over. I've checked some logs (though probably not the right ones, just anything I could find in /var/log) and have noticed nothing but complaints about inabilities to connect to X server. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Yes a common problem.... Best is to start KDE from a terminal. There are different ways but the easiest is boot into linux failsafe in the lilo prompt and type init 3. Log in as your normal user and type: startkde (or kde). Search the board for other solutions.