kpilot always backs up ALL databases (files)

ffrr

Have never used kpilot, but assuming your using mysql, why don't you use its own backup tools? Once you have saved your database once, further backups (to the same file_name ) will only update changed files.

Either do;

mysqldump --opt db_name > backup-file.sql

Or if you want a hot copy:

mysqlhotcopy database_name [/home/some_place/]

If you want the sql file compressed, (zipped) then do this:

mysqldump --opt database_name | /bin/gzip > /home/some_place/{database name}.sql.gz

KPilot has several different sync options (fast, full, etc..), I think the default is full. You can change the default sync in the preference.

No, the default is normal. I have read about full and fast, and selected normal (they are called Hotsync, Fullsync, and Fastsync for normal, complete, and fast resp.) and as I said, - normal is supposed to only do those that have beenchanged. It is not doing this for some reason. My question goes to how to make it work correctly.

Have never used kpilot, but assuming your using mysql,  why don't you use its own backup tools? Once you have saved your database once, further backups (to the same file_name ) will only update changed files.

Either do;

mysqldump --opt db_name > backup-file.sql

Or if you want a hot copy:

mysqlhotcopy database_name [/home/some_place/]

If you want the sql file compressed, (zipped) then do this:

mysqldump --opt database_name | /bin/gzip > /home/some_place/{database name}.sql.gz

I don't understand your reply. kpilot backs up database files from a Palm Pilot PDA device. I don't believe it has anything to do with mysql.

I had this problem before when I clicked on the sync icon on the toolbar just before syncing my palm. When I do that it somehow does a full backup overridding my default (fastsync). So now I just run kpilot then press sync on my palm.

Don't know why it happens but its something you can try.

I had this problem before when I clicked on the sync icon on the toolbar just before syncing my palm. When I do that it somehow does a full backup overridding my default (fastsync). So now I just run kpilot then press sync  on my palm.

Don't know why it happens but  its something you can try.

Certainly worth a try. I was hoping someone had a workaround for this 'bug'.

Thank you.