Couple of probs with konqueror in KDE2.2.2

Daveleh

Hi All,

Can anyione shed any light on the following.

Firstly, how do I set up my default homepage in Konqueror? Whenever I load the program it defaults to file:/usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html.

In Settings | Configure Konqueror | File Manager | Behaviour tab I have http://uk.my.yahoo.com set as the home url but I still get the above page loaded when I start up. I can't seem to find anywhere ielse n the settings to set this.

Secondly every now and then vertical bars appear in the menu bar and toolbars. They are about 1/8 inch wide and spaced alomg the bars at approx 1 inch intervals.

My system is a Celeron500 with 384 Mb ram,

Guest joehill

load the page you want at startup and then click window->save view provile, then click "ok"

that should do it.

as for the funny lines on your toolbar, it could be the theme or style you are using, other than that i'm not sure.

Hi Joehill,

you said:

load the page you want at startup and then click window->save view provile, then click "ok"

that should do it.

Ok Thanks I'll try that

as for the funny lines on your toolbar, it could be the theme or style you are using, other than that i'm not sure.

No it's nothing to do with that. Konqueror is fine at first then I'll go to another desktop and do something or other. When I return to Konqueror the lines have appeared in the menu and toolbars. If I then close Konqueror and restart it the lines have disappeared. Most weird :?

Oh well, never mind.

Regards

Dave Le Huray

Guernsey, Channel Islands