Avoid Urpmi, it's broken for 2005

Guest anon

Well Contrib is still screwed up, for example, File: ERP5-0.1-24mdk.noarch.rpm is the latest version.......but its listed in Contrib for MDA 10.00.

If you look in Contrib 2005 or 10.2 its gives you an old 0-8.1 version. Screwy eh?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have decided to fix this myself for our easy urpmi site and manually edited the hdlists to point to /devel

So, for our easy-urpmi site it now works. Interestingly, the updates for 2005 is "~official/updates/LE2005/main_updates".......which works OK.

Will remove the announcements.

Better tag it as 2005 Community or something, then - per that message from Warly above, although we're not doing separate CE and OE *releases*, there will still be two separate *trees*, which will work like CE and OE have previously - the tree in /official will be frozen, while the tree in /devel will get updates and stuff. So does anyone have an opinion on whether the tree in /official on up-to-date mirrors (for e.g. anorien) actually works and if not what's wrong with it? If I can get something concrete I can keep bugging warly about it. I can't test myself as I'm already back on Cooker, sorry.

Don't know about you, but this all seems a bit messy to me., and for newbies its must be even more confusing. Do they use 2005, 10.2 (a link to 2005) or devel ? It could have been explained a lot better IMO.

Am talking to trem from zarb.org about this problem, will post back later.

My release now says "Limited Edition 2005 (10.2)" after the upgrade. So, what is it? On the other hand, never mind. I can make it work which is all I care about.

Anon, I chose the 2005 tree from the /devel folders to perform my upgrade, and made urpmi find the hdlist it liked. So it worked but I can't tell you why it worked. :afro:

to be fair this doesn't have much to do with management AFAIK, warly does all the mirror stuff I think.

Well if warlly does all the mirror stuff, i guess that makes him part of the management :P

I still don't have a report of exactly what is broken. If someone can tell me what precisely is wrong with the tree in official, I can poke warly. The fact that there's two trees isn't broken, it's intentional (as the stuff from Warly I pasted above explains).