Avoid Urpmi, it's broken for 2005

Guest anon

If your running 2005 please avoid using Easy-Urpmi for a few days.

The hdlists are screwed up, and while one or two mirrors seem to be OK for some files, most are not. This is Mandriva's fault not the Easy-Urpmi script.

This announcement is in all forums, will remove it when the hdlists are fixed........or someone tells me they are.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would explain why I was getting nowhere. Despite positively choosing 2005, all I got was the same usual 10.1 urpmi and easyurpmi results.

Thanks ANON for your follow up and also to adamw who seems to be getting right into it.

I'll follow your advice and wait a few days before I try again.

Cheers all. John.

Hi AussieJohn,

I'm an Aussie Mandriva user as well (in Adelaide). I haven't had problems with uprmi or the urpmi sources from easyurpmi or the mub web site when I choose 2005 as my distro. I chose mirrors that I have had success with in the past, including planetmirror (australian) and mirrors in sweden and norway, which seem to work well.

Using Adam's advice, I manually configure from /devel and successfully got a full 2005LE on my machine. But I was running 10.2RC2. I also did not use existing hdlists but allowed urpmi to find it, and it worked. When I tried to tell it where, I got the curl error. BTW, I have found ftp.nluug.nl to be fast and reliable, and I am in the US!

I'll check it out. I know that my install was only hours old when the release was announced, and my update changed 199 rpm's! BTW, it is a good release. And kde is fast!

according to fred l., warly has this fixed on the main mirror now, changes should be propagating. we'll see what happens. :)

COOL !!

Will wait a few days i think for the mirrors to re-sync before fixing our easy urpmi site.

I can't see any changes for that mirror, seems the same as yesterday to me.

And what is this idea of having a 2005 dir and another for 10.2 ? there both the same aren't they?

one is a symlink to the other, I think, or at least ought to be. that's how it is on anorien.

I checked the dates on the files in media/media_info ; the official tree seems to have some files dated the 14th that weren't there before. IMBW, though. wish someone would be clear about this.