"Extract Here" Action Menu command missing

guppetto

:help:

After upgrading using Thacs KDE 3.4 rpms, the very usefull "Extract Here" Action menu command is missing. I'm more than capable of using tar on the command line to extract bzip files or even the full blown Ark utility, but does anyone have any idea of how to add the script back to the Action menu. I know that it will reside in the konqueror/servicemenus directory, but I can't find the script anywhere and I didn't back up the directory prior to upgrading. Does anyone have the "Extract Here" .desktop file or is anyone willing to post the contents of the "Extract Here".desktop file so that I can add it back into the Action menu.

I'm also very curious to know why it magically dissapeared. Does anyone have any ideas?

:thanks:

Well, I noticed that too, but then I noticed that the embeded applications for extractiong compressed files were not installed with kdebase. Install Ark, and kde extras and andything else you can find for kde that realates to archives, and the menu will come back , or at least it did for me.

In fact, instead of extract here, I got a whole 'extract' menu with 'extract here" "extract to...' and 'extract to filename/'

Very handy.

**edit: btw, nice avatar :headbang:

Edited by VeeDubb

Well, that's the whole point with linux isn't it. I was talking with a friend of mine last night about linux, and you know, switching to linux won't solve all your computer problems, it just let's you trade them in for new ones. But, if you get involved in the linux community, the new porblems are so much easier to deal with than the old ones.