Time for Congatulations and a Time for Action

Counterspy

It is time we publicly acknowledged the contributions of Paul, Anon and Cannonfodder for sticking their necks out and creating this board and all of the others too many to mention who have contributed to making it a viable reality for the Mandrake community.

I logged on today with this message in mind in the light of the final unplugging of Tom Berger's creation going all the way back to mandrakeuser.org and before I read far enough into the messages to read the bankruptcy news. Our focus here is to help as many as choose to come here and I am proud of what has been accomplished to that end in such a short period.

This board will become a critical resource over the coming months for Mandrake users as other operations are affected by decisions made for the survival of the company. It is more important than ever that our users from around the world tell their Mandrake user friends that there is help here for most of their problems and to spread the word to other sites.

Regardless of what happens to the company Mandrakesoft, the distribution Mandrake will be around for the foreseeable future and we have a role to play supporting users with Mandrake issues and in some cases, easing them into another distribution when Mandrake no longer meets their needs. We have not only this site, but a test site as well where new features are being developed designed to more fully enrich the experience of those who choose to visit us.

Thank you all for what you have done and where you will take us in the future.

Counterspy

Mandrake is still trading and so I will continue supporting, and as soon a pre-orders for 9.1 come out ... I'll buy it.

if Mandrake does turn into a volunteer only organisation ... then I'll support that too.

every OS has its little quirks, and Ive spent 3 years learning about the Mandrake ones (and I'm still learning) I'd hate to have start all over again ..... and which OS would I change to?? .... definately not Suse or RH .... maybe Slack, maybe Debian (probably debian) ... or maybe support the NZ efforts and switch to yoper (http://www.yoper.com)

but Mandrake is my OS of choice ... and I hope they continue, even if it is a volunteer OS ... with people cannonfodder, we are sure to succeed

p.s. cannonfodder !!! you must have a job or a life or something :shock: ... you're not here so much anymore :D

If forced to change distros, I would probably go with SuSE. That's the one I have the most OTHER experience with (back in the non-graphical YAST days).

I really don't think this will happen though. I think any Bankruptcy filing is just a litigation tactic to force creditors to re-negotiated their debts. Mandrake can then honor the debts of contracts that are not expired.

Mandrake is still trading and so I will continue supporting, and as soon a pre-orders for 9.1 come out ... I'll buy it. 

if Mandrake does turn into a volunteer only organisation ... then I'll support that too.

every OS has its little quirks, and Ive spent 3 years learning about the Mandrake ones (and I'm still learning) I'd hate to have start all over again ..... and which OS would I change to?? .... definately not Suse or RH .... maybe Slack, maybe Debian (probably debian) ... or maybe support the NZ efforts and switch to yoper (http://www.yoper.com)

but Mandrake is my OS of choice ... and I hope they continue, even if it is a volunteer OS ... with people cannonfodder, we are sure to succeed

p.s. cannonfodder !!! you must have a job or a life or something :shock:  ... you're not here so much anymore  :D

If i have to swap it would have to be Gentoo, certainly not SuSE, but i would rather continue with Mandrake if at all possible.