Mandrake Files For Bankruptcy/Reorganization In France

pmpatrick

Sorry Anon, Got LNO on the brain. I bounce between here, LNO, DebianHelp and LinuxJR and sometimes forget where I'm at.

:) No worries.

What the new CEO has done, should have happened a year ago. Its a sound financial move. Mandrakesoft has always had a good product, but their business sense is appalling, I remember Counterspy saying many months ago " they have no idea how to run a multi-million dollar/ Euro business ". Thats always been true. The Distro, if not the name, will survive.

Investors don't seem that concerned either, its now 24 hours since Mandrake made that statement. A quick check on their stocks/ shares shows no change at all in the price. still at 2.27 ( phew, I haven't lost any money yet )

:lol:

That is correct. Trading was suspended by the warrant offer which does not end until January 31, or until the bankruptcy court sets forth other terms. When it does resume trading expect its share price to drop to the penny level. At the moment warrant or shareholders can do nothing.

Counterspy

Damn, your right. However, I don't expect it to drop to the penny level.

I have a gut feeling that the new CEO is going to change things around.

And if the price does drop to the penny level, well, I will spend loads of pennies.