different KDE 3.4 problem [solved]

VeeDubb

Okay, let me tell you everything.

I was fealing adventurous and bored (a deadly combination) and decided to install kde3.4 from thacs.

I did the urpmi.addmedia.hokey.pokey

and then, since so many people had other problems, I made sure I had both plf's, contrib, updates and main. I added avery source I could find other than cooker.

Then, I booted x-failsafe, opened up mcc>software>remove and searhed for kde, then removed everything it found and everything that was dependent on it.

Then I added kdebase, this also updated xorg by all apearances.

Re-start X, no errors, everything beautiful, but no stinking mouse. My mouse, a wacom graphire2 tablet that took me forever to get working, has stopped, even though xorg.conf did not change. Any suggestions?

Well, no go on removing wacom and USBmouse, then re-inserting wacom. Still no response of any kind from my tablet. The litle status light on the tablet is on, and it changes to green when I click a button, so the tablet itself is conected and functioning normaly. In the mean time, I'm getting around with alt-f12 and the keyboard, but this sucks.

please let me know if you can think of anything else.

I know there are several people on this board who use the graphire or some other wacom tablet. If one of you has it working properly under kde3.4 and whatever version of xorg this is, 6.8.2 I think, could you PLEASE post your working XF86Config ??

I would be deeply in your debt.

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Eraser1"

Driver "wacom"

Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"

Option "Type" "eraser"

Option "Mode" "Absolute"

Option "USB"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Cursor1"

Driver "wacom"

Option "Type" "cursor"

Option "Mode" "Relative"

Option "USB"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Stylus1"

Driver "wacom"

Option "Type" "stylus"

Option "Mode" "Absolute"

Option "USB"

EndSection

It could be that the mouse is event1 or 2 or 3. Just do cat /dev/input/event1 or 2, 3 etc and move the mouse. If you get output that is the one you have to put in xorg.conf. Or it could be that only root can acces event0. Open a console, log in as root and type: cat /dev/input/event0 and move the mouse. If you get output type: chmod 666 /dev/input/event0.