Ksmoothdock help please!

photoworks

That's easy once you know.

Just make a script that will launch ksmoothdock, and dump that script into /home/'you'/.kde/autostart/

You can use that to start anything you want.

Alternatively, there is an option to 'restore last session' on start, instead of a clean desktop. That will restart anything you had running last time you shut down. I reccomend the autostart option though, seems less problematic to me.

Open up your favorite text editor, kate, kwrite emacs vi. Whatever tickles your pickle.

The first line of the script should be

#!/bin/bash

AFter that, just put whatever command you want executed, and hit return. Each command should be on it's own line, and they will execute one at a time. So, if the command is ksmoothdock (I'm only guessing at what the command is, since I don't use ksmoothdock myself) then the script would have 3 lines.

#!/bin/bash

ksmoothdock

and the last line would be blank. Save that as whatever.sh and put it in /home/'you/.kde/Autostart/ and be aure 'Autostart' is capitalized, I didn't do that before, but I should have.