KDE 3.4 (announcement)

devries

Guys, seriously. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
New KDE-3.4.2 available in the usual place :)

With your previous builds (3.4.0 and 3.4.1) I had two problems and I want to know if they are solved in this new build:

First double menu entries at any Konqueror window (two Favorites and Help entries), and double icons in Konqueror toolbar and aplications toolbars, like K3b.

Second with MDKKDM, after updating I can't shutdown or reboot from KDE, and if I try KDE goes back to MDKKDM and from there I can shutdown/reboot, understand? This is not a problem exclusive of your builds, because happens with Cooker builds also.

I know there are few people that use still use MDKKDM, and i don't have any problem using KDM ou GDM but, in my particular case, my parents are happy with the MDKKDM icon click behaviour, because is simple and work very well for them. Using KDM is not so good because it don't have a user list with themes and using GDM makes KDE have the same MDKKDM problem with reboot/shutdown.

So i'm asking you a favor, please can you to take a look at MDKKDM and see if there is a way to make it work with KDE 3.4.x, right?

Thanks,

doutor.zero

• 3 weeks later...