KDE 3.4 (announcement)

devries

This is a thread for making anouncements about KDE 3.4 build by Thac and Zé. Here you can post your appreciation for their work and make suggestions. If you have questions about KDE in general, about installing KDE or if you have problems, post them in the apropriate forums.

Post all problems and bugs in this topic: Thac and Zé's KDE 3.4 rpms, bugs and problems

News: Taupter is no longer involved building kde 3.4 rpms for Mandriva. I (and I'm sure all the rest who used his rpms) would like to thank him for all the work he did. Cheers

New release 24-3-2005:

new release of kde-3.4.0 for mdk-10.2 or 2005 limited edition

with lots of fixes

and all language files avilable

update urpmi repository

/Torbjörn Turpeinen (Thac)

New release 1-4-2005:

A bit delayed but now is new 10.1 version of kde-3.4.0 replicating.

it will be avialble in a few minutes on mirrors.

Thanx to Claudio Pinhero for compiling this for 10.1.

4-4-2005

Big Mandrakelinux 10.1 update!

I uploaded newest and greatest KDE 3.4.0, Amarok 1.2.3 and K3B 0.11.23. Grand total of 243 packages.

Taupter

Cláudio da Silveira Pinheiro - Brazil

5-4-2005

Uploding new kdepim for 10.2 that has requires for needed cyrus-sasl rpms to

get kmail sasl support working.

post-2019-1112783806_thumb.jpg

I will make a complete rebuild of kde-3.4.0 now to build against all the latest requirements in 2005

also checking out latest kde-3.4.0 branch from kde cvs to get latest bugfixes,

The new version is available now.

I noticed that ,mandriva released first cooker version we will sync against this one.

To add any patches that we missed, but remeber that theese versions are not the same our build has all features activated mandrivas version does not.

Edited by thac

Guest taupter

New kdelibs, kdebase, more to come. ksysguard still not working in 10.1, and I'm still investigating.

I'm thinking about stopping to support 10.1, but I would like to set a good schedule everyone who still runs it. I'm up to suggestions about the right time to do it.

First part of sync against cooker kde-3.4.0 done

New qt3,arts,kdelibs,kdebase,kdepim,kdenetwork,kdeartwork,kdemultimedia for le2005 added

The rest will come later.

This is a major upgrade since there have been lots of changes in kdelibs,kdebase,kdepim and kdenetwork

all this hard sync work is done by José Melo.

All rpms except kdebindings updated and syncing to mirror now.

Edited by thac

• 2 weeks later...
Guest taupter

New kde-3.4.0 for Mandrake 10.1 uploaded. Rejoice!

This is the last one I'll do for 10.1. It's pretty stable and have all the secutiry fixes up to april 24th, so now I'll focus in supporting 2005LE.

My god Thac. Don't you and your two collegues ever sleep ???

Thanks doesn't come anywhere near enough to express my gratitude for all your hard work.

Even when there was the problem with kdm and not being able to login, although I sweated on how to get back in to install your update it all turned out to be a most worthwhile learning experience for me. :thanks::thanks::thanks::beer::beer::beer:

Thanks a trillion to you blokes. John

Edited by AussieJohn

My god Thac.  Don't you and your two collegues ever sleep ???

Thanks doesn't come anywhere near enough to express my gratitude for all your hard work.

Even when there was the problem with kdm and not being able to login, although I sweated on how to get back in to install your update it all turned out to be a most worthwhile learning experience for me. :thanks:  :thanks:  :thanks:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

Thanks a trillion to you blokes.                                    John

What he said. ;)