How to Format Fully?

dmzeplin

I have 10.1 official in my computer, and I wanted to format COMPLETE out, before my attempt with 10.2 RC2.

When I tried to install 10.2 RC2 and I can see some 10.1 is till there which I tried to erase the data from 10.2 installation process. Since when I reboot after install 10.2 and I see there is still 10.1 desktop (wallpaper) still there.

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

During the installation, you will see the partition management section or thing like this. Pick in there custom or manual partition. Delete the partitions and create new partition or partitions. And go on to installation.

Edited by niti

Your /home is not being formatted. Format /home along witht he rest, and you will wipe out your old settings.

that might not be necessary ix. he only needs to remove his configuration files. that means you can just delete or move all files and directories beginning with a dot in your home directory.

$ mkdir old-configs
$ mv ~/.* old-configs

or use a GUI-based window manager to do the select-move operation for you as my mv command might be rusty. :)

ciao!