• Power Linux
    • DrakeConect
    • Phantom LInux
    • anything BUT Mandriva

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the choices keep changing! Wow. How often can I vote? I like Conectiva best, but not that much.

In order to expidite this... as there is not much time to actually try and influence Mandrake's impending change to Mandriva... I am editing choices on the fly due to popularity and availability. Vote counts are not changing.

You get two votes... one on this thread... and another on the thread with choices 6-10.

If MUB actually would like to attempt to make a difference on this issue... IT would be nice for the majority to be able to settle on one or two choices that we could present to MandrakeSoft in a more official manner IF we want to really try and help them out of their current situation and also avoid the disspleasure of U.S. customers not wanting to install something that resembles "MAN SPIT".

There's alway the possiblity of forming a more official poll... if warrented.

Conectiva sounds like a scam to me *solly*.. like the ol vacuum cleaner door salesman.

How about DrakeSoft? Just kidding, I know.. too close for comfort

Bangorang Linux

EasyUse Linux

Gotta start thinking out of the box..

Mechanics of Linux (nah drive away the newbies)

Hey! Linux for Kids! heh

Guillotine Linux (anyone smell dead meat? lets pass)

Bahama Linux (attract the snow bound..)

Guess it broils down to who Mandrake is marketed too and how to attract them with a name..

Platypus Linux? (looks like a pinguin... kinda)

ok I'm off to bed..

relax... just testing things here. You learn something new everyday :cheesy:

I have reset it to its real vote count.

The only real clear-cut winner at this time is (with my poll and other's out there too):

anything BUT Mandriva

I'm from Brazil, the house of Conectiva. The Conectiva win a very bad reputation here with Conectiva 9 and 10. I can't see it as an option. Manectiva is very funny in portuguese, plese kill me first.

MandrakeSoft is in the deep end of the role. If you think deep... no name is good enough.

If Mandriva or Conectiva stay... what about the name of prograns... like drakeconnect and hardrake? Will be drivaconnect and harddriva? Or maybe tivaconnect and hardtiva?

And the RPM name? As in kernel-3.0-1mdk.rpm? Will be kernel-3.0-1mdv.rpm? Or kernel-3.0-1.cl.rpm, as Conectiva did before apt-get?

Oh my god, this is the bad part. If the Mandrake decide to jump to apt-get too? I prefere to die to use MDK with apt-get. I'll goo ... I don't know, maybe gentoo. But not apt-get in MDK or MDV or CON, don't know.

XXX Linux is a good name to my teaste. :-) Anyway is better then Mandriva.

I'm from Brazil, the house of Conectiva. The Conectiva win a very bad reputation here with Conectiva 9 and 10. I can't see it as an option. Manectiva is very funny in portuguese, plese kill me first.

MandrakeSoft is in the deep end of the role. If you think deep... no name is good enough.

If Mandriva or Conectiva stay... what about the name of prograns... like drakeconnect and hardrake? Will be drivaconnect and harddriva? Or maybe tivaconnect and hardtiva?

And the RPM name? As in kernel-3.0-1mdk.rpm? Will be kernel-3.0-1mdv.rpm? Or kernel-3.0-1.cl.rpm, as Conectiva did before apt-get?

Oh my god, this is the bad part. If the Mandrake decide to jump to apt-get too? I prefere to die to use MDK with apt-get. I'll goo ... I don't know, maybe gentoo. But not apt-get in MDK or MDV or CON, don't know.

XXX Linux is a good name to my teaste. :-) Anyway is better then Mandriva.

Guess the initials in the rpm files will be MDA.

The package manager in 2005LE will still be urpmi, in 2006 it will likely be smartpm.

What was wrong with Conectiva 9 and 10?