Atheros AR5004G Wireless not recognized

Guest Liveandletlive

Guest Liveandletlive

I have Toshiba A75-S206 laptop with a built in wireless card (Atheros AR5004G Wireless Network Adapter). I installed Mandrake 10.1 yesterday. I have been searching various forums to see how to make Mandrake recognise this card. Its not there in the lists given by NDISWrapper or MadWIFI.

I am very very new to linux. Can you please help me?

Without wireless, it will be difficult to use the laptop at home.

I dont want to go back to XP.

About ndiswrapper, you shouldn´t need it to be in any ´list´ as it´s essentially designed to run the native windows drivers on linux. Just download the latest drivers from the website, and follow the install instructions on http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php

ndis has been working just fine for me on my atheros 5213

good luck :)

Guest Liveandletlive
About ndiswrapper, you shouldn´t need it to be in any ´list´ as it´s essentially designed to run the native windows drivers on linux.  Just download the latest drivers from the website, and follow the install instructions on http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php

ndis has been working just fine for me on my atheros 5213

good luck :)

I have the entire installer for Windows, but it contains setup file. It does not have separate ".int" files as given in the FAQ. Where do I get that from?

thanks

• 1 month later...