CVSCedega sound issues on all games

thesonic1

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me. I can not run any games using CVSCedega. I have installed them using cedega and loki installers and both complete fine. The problem occurs when I try to run them. Like MaxPayne2 for example - it starts fine and I get the Video setting screen prompt I click play and imediately get this error:

Exception in engineInit:X_SharedDB: There was nothing inside "Sounds", database incomplete

So I thought maybe that game was just bad so I installed Call of Duty using loki installer and tried to run it, here is what I got:

err:module:BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll winealsa.drv still not found

So I think it is safe to say that I have a sound issue. But I am not sure what to do to fix it. I am running ALSA and it starts at startup and I have Sound in X and in native games like Doom3. So I am not sure what is happening here - Here is my cvscedega config file as it refers to sound:

[Wineserver]

;; This option indicates if Cedega should accelerate

;; interprocess communication (AIC) between the client

;; and server.

"SHMWineserver" = "Y"

[WinMM]

"Drivers" = "winealsa.drv"

;"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"

"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"

"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

[wineoss]

"UseMMap" = "N"

"FullDuplex" = "N"

;; Specify a mapping for what digital audio devices to use

;"dsp0" = "/dev/dsp0"

;"mixer0" = "/dev/mixer0"

[winealsa]

;; This option allows you to configure Cedega to write directly

;; to memory on the sound card rather than having to use the

;; slower route through the kernel.

"UseMMap" = "Y"

;; These options allow you to specify what ALSA sound devices

;; Cedega should use. Appropriate selection of these options

;; can allow you to select a secondary sound card or a plugin.

;"pcm0" = "hw"

;"ctl0" = "hw"

Does anyone know where I should start? Running Mandrake 10.1 with 2.6 kernel and GF4 Ti4200 vid card.

Any help would be appreciated, as you can tell I am kinda new at gaming in linux, but really would like to get it going so I can finally kick the winxp habit for good.

Thanks in Advance,

TheSonic1 :unsure:

I tried with old version 4.2.1 RPM and 1.3.2 point2play and got the exact same error messages. So I do not think it is CVS issue

i tend to agree..

try to disableing arts {sound server} in kde and try playing a game.. arts tend to conflict with some audio programs... all try playing a game from gnome to see if the issue is with KDE.. but i think the problem might be arts

Disabled the sound system option is the KDE Sound system config screen in 10.1 - same error - even restarted to see if the setting was still disabled and it was. Interestingly I did a search for winealsa.drv and I have no file by that name - do you know where it is supposed to be located?

also: Just logged int ICEWM and ran from console as root - same error - I am sure it has something to do with winealsa.drv - as I looked at the startup script after trying to run both maxpayne2 and cod from the console as root as both refference that file - and I can not seen to find where that is supposed to be located