Cedega 4.3.2 on 10.2 B2 AMD 64

Anyone;

I just installed MDL again for the first time since hardware crashed last summer. I have a new system now, and it is using the AMD 64 CPU and PCI Express video card. I managed to install the Beta version of 10.2 for AMD 64 arch, so far everything is runnining nicely. They only problems I am having are find AMD 64 programs for Mandrake.

Is anyone running games on the AMD 64 version of Mandrake ? I am also trying to track down a HalfLife 2/Steam on Cedega installation how to, so I can try to get the Retail game running. I have not had much luck yet. Thanks in advance ..

Moved from Games forum to Emulation forum - Artificial Intelligence

• 1 month later...
Guest jjdj
    Is anyone running games on the AMD 64 version of Mandrake ? I am also trying to track down a HalfLife 2/Steam on Cedega installation how to, so I can try to get the Retail game running. I have not had much luck yet. Thanks in advance ..

Any luck with running Cedega? I am hesitating to buy an AMD64 platform for fear of breaking my Cedega.

Guest jjdj
aren't the AMD64's backwards compatible with 32-bit programs?

Yes, you could run the 32 bit Mandriva version without any particular issues. But what's the point if there is a 64-bit optimized Mandriva? It's in 64-bit mode that I've heard of issues with Cedega/Wine. I'm just hoping that someone can confirm that this information is outdated and that Cedega runs fine.

Well, I'd think (and I may no understand the issue exactly) that if you can run 32bit stuff on an amd64 then you should be able to run cedega. however, if the problem comes in with the OS being compiled for 64bit and trying to run a 32bit program on top of that....then that would make sense.