Thac and Zé's KDE 3.4 rpms

devries

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have all just fine with the latest rpms, can restart and shutdown from Kmenu.

Ok... but I did install kde 3.4 on mandrake 10.1..... did somebody find how to fix it for mandrake 10.1??... And I have some other issue.. not sure if it's related (must be) but.. since I did the upgrade my cd doesn't seems to auto mount anymore, the cd icon doesn't appear anymore (yes... it is selected to appear) , I have to mount it explicitly by console (mount /mnt/cdrom)....

what's wrong???

here's my fstab cdrom entry:

/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,users 0 0

Maybe something got erased on the upgrade...

please help!!!

I had 3.4 installed on 10.1 too prior to resetting my system to 10.2. It functioned fine as far as KDM and Shutdown/Restart goes.

p.s. I have the same cd mount problem as you!

Yeah same shutdown problem here

10.2 upgraded from 10.1

PS kopete doesnt work, but does it i rename ~/.kde

deleted every instance of kopete configs and even did a grep for kopete in ~/.kde and deleted references to it but no difference; same URL login to server error

kopete: WARNING: Cannot execute call to system.login: empty server URL

GUI opens but cant do anything with it.

got some problems with the "update-menu -v"

at the end... this comes out:

** (process:8250): CRITICAL **: file eggdesktopentries.c: line 2223 (egg_desktop_entries_add_group): assertion `egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries, group_name) == NULL' failed

update-menus[8215]: Running method: /etc/menu-methods/simplified/simplified-xdg-desktop-entry-spec-dirs

workarounds?? fixes???

thanks

I got that stuff too, but no idea what it means. The procedure still worked, more or less.

Here's another one, loosely on that subject: is anyone finding that some new icons added to the Quick Launch panel (sorry if it has another name under Linux) disappear again after reboot? It seems intermittent and I can't pin it down, but it keeps happening.

It's called 'panel'.

I know what you mean, happened to me too, but it seems to have stopped.

Alas, I haven't rebooted for a long time now. The damn OpenOffice Writer icon frequently dissapeared after reboots.

I got that stuff too, but no idea what it means. The procedure still worked, more or less.

Here's another one, loosely on that subject: is anyone finding that some new icons added to the Quick Launch panel (sorry if it has another name under Linux) disappear again after reboot? It seems intermittent and I can't pin it down, but it keeps happening.

Yeah same problem here too. Right pain that one is.

I've just updated to KDE 3.4 on 10.1 OE, and it's all working a treat! I've not tested much yet, but all seems good so far!

I only had an issue with the mdkkdm mentioned earlier, but that's all solved after removing and reinstalling!

Well, just a couple of errors so far. First the some of the menus have double entries so am just running the update-menus -v command.

The other errors I have are:

Bootup:

Entering non-interactive startup

mknod: '/dev/dri/card0' No such file or directory

Although, when I'm logged in, /dev/dri/card0 does exist, so how can I stop this error from appearing?

Another is that when I choose Reboot or Shutdown from within KDE, it goes straight back to the mdkkdm menu, rather than rebooting or shutting down. When at the mdkkdm screen, if I click reboot (select Windows), or Halt, it does the command fine. Anyone know a resolution to this?

Well, just a couple of errors so far.  First the some of the menus have double entries so am just running the update-menus -v command.

The other errors I have are:

Bootup:

Entering non-interactive startup

mknod: '/dev/dri/card0' No such file or directory

Although, when I'm logged in, /dev/dri/card0 does exist, so how can I stop this error from appearing?

Another is that when I choose Reboot or Shutdown from within KDE, it goes straight back to the mdkkdm menu, rather than rebooting or shutting down.  When at the mdkkdm screen, if I click reboot (select Windows), or Halt, it does the command fine.  Anyone know a resolution to this?

Yup, I have both of those. Non-threatening as far as I can tell, but bothersome indeed.

For the second one, I've just taken to tapping my lappy's power button instead - this performs a normal shutdown.