Thac and Zé's KDE 3.4 rpms

devries

Guest vrabcak
Also, question for you, why do I get double and double like as examples from:

Configure kopete

Configure kopete

There are not only two, but several of them...

I have the same problem with almost all KDE applications in KDE 3.4 from Thac's packages. Some menu entries and some toolbar icons are doubled. The problem with toolbars can be workarounded by "configure toolbars", then remove any icon, give it back and apply changes - the second set of icons disapears. But I still don't know, how to get rid of the doubled menu entries.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same problem with almost all KDE applications in KDE 3.4 from Thac's packages. Some menu entries and some toolbar icons are doubled. The problem with toolbars can be workarounded by "configure toolbars", then remove any icon, give it back and apply changes - the second set of icons disapears.  But I still don't know, how to get rid of the doubled menu entries.

Try

update-menus -v

first as root

then as user

that was my problem b4 and was solved by that command as per thacs advice B)

Yeah that commands works a treat, athough some things i added had to be added again manually, (not everything though) if fixed many menu issues.

dcop kicker kicker restart

Thats probably a common problem but fixed my problem of not having my clock changed to 12 hour from 24 when set to do so.

Guest vrabcak
Install the latest build. (urpmi.update -a and urpmi kdebase)

I have the latest build (kdebase-3.4.0-17.mdk10.2.thac) installed on the latest cooker.

Udate-menus doesn't help ( the problem is not with kicker, but with applications menus).

The problem with double menu entries is still here.

Guest goprisko
new release of kde-3.4.0 for mdk-10.2 or 2005 limited edition

with lots of fixes

and all language files avilable

update urpmi repository

/Torbjörn Turpeinen (Thac)

Hello Everyone !

Thank you Thac for continuing to improve the RPMS for KDE 3.4. I waited as I wrote you until

I saw some stability in the releases. I successfully installed the full suite of KDE-3.4.0 using RPMS

released after 7 April.

I am writing this using Firefox on KDE 3.4 as I speak. I have OpenOffice 2.0 running, Koffice and

the remaining KDE apps too.

Installation was clean.. sound works.... movie player works.... internet works...

I installed as follows:

1. I performed a clean install of Mandrake 10.2.rc2 from the 3 iso set as downloaded from the Singapore mirror, without KDE

2. I ivisited the PLF urpmi site and got the cooker respositories from them

3. I added both Thac 10.1 and 10.2 repositories

4. I added these repositories to urpmi

5. I installed the KDE rpms in the following order:

arts

kdelib

kdebase

kdenetwork

kdepim

kdeaccessibility

kdeartwork

kdegraphics

kdemultimedia

kdeaddons

kdeutils

kdeedu

kdegames

kdewebdev

kdetoys

kdeadmin

kdeoffice

Java from Sun

OpenOffice 2.0

kaffeine and other miscellaneous apps including apt and synaptic

This is the order in which they are buillt by the konstruct tool kit.

Installation was flawliess and via urpmi

Regards,

Indy

Guest goprisko

[Thac....

Please also explain a little how the menu works.....

I had to manually add menu items for OpenOffice 2.0 to the menu. I propagated the revised menu

by copying `/.menu to my remaining users, entering MenuDrake , updating the list and saving it

for each user.

DUnno if this is the correct procedure but everyone now has access to Openoffice.

Regards,

Indy

The only problem i have no is Ksysguard cant "connect to localhost" and my child panel i have up the right of my screen keeps losing icon links i add to it all the time ?!?!

I have just noticed the very same problem, and I use ksysguard on a pretty regular basis, so that sucks. It can be very hard to remember the EXACT name and spelling of every proces I could concievably want to shut down, but it's all right there in kde sysguard. Any suggestions would be welcome of course.

Installed the latest packages (131 of them) all with the MCC in one go. Took about an hour on my old P4 and it installed with no problem. After about 10 minutes playing with it I haven't found any problems. However the ksysguard and systemprocesses problem is still there. Same problem as with DaveQB.

ksysguardd 1.2.0

© 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Chris Schlaeger <cs@kde.org> and

© 2001 Tobias Koenig <tokoe@kde.org>

This program is part of the KDE Project and licensed under

the GNU GPL version 2. See http://www.kde.org for details.

ksysguardd: symbol lookup error: ksysguardd: undefined symbol: XextFindDisplay

There is no running ksysguard deamon and it isn't mentioned as one of the kde system services.

I'll check for older kde rpms. edit: there are no old packages on my system.

Guest jebus742

I succesfully installed kde3.4 from thac last night. I am running 10.1. I experienced some issues, most of which I was able to resolve. There remains a couple things that aren't working right. It seems that I can't change most settings in kde now, those that I can change are gone after a reboot. If I add a program to the panel, it is gone after reboot. I can't add any bookmarks at all in konquerer. I can't change my wallpaper even. Several of the config menus don't work. Any ideas? It seems to me like there is a config file I may not have proper permissions on anymore. I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.