Recompile a kernel... with Bootsplash support?

That's what I wanna do. I wanna get rid of supermount (again), patch and enable *both* pre-epmt and low latency, and yet still have a splash screen when booting.

This is because I NEED a splash screen for my gaming console project at school.

Anyone know what I need to do to have support for the splash screens?

But if you manage to do this with 9.0 i would really like to have the same, enable *both* pre-epmt and low latency that is. Whats wrong with supermount?.

If you manage this can you make a tutorial like your nvidia tutorial? that would be fantastic.

It would be great to have a reference for all the patches that mandrake have applied to the standard kernel for 9.0 and what each of them does and what removing this and that will do too your system, but thats a rather mamoth undertaking i expect.

• 3 weeks later...

A kernel is a kernel if from kernel.org, but I dk that sources from another distro's going to work on mdk. Have you looked into this? I've never thought aboput it til now. Diff distro's keep things in diff places, even rh and mdk are slightly diff. I also think the tie between glibc.mdk and kernel-source,?gentoo? for is going to get you into trouble as well. I could be wrong.