Menu K [solved]

Guest gambas

Guest gambas

Hi,

I'm trying to change the rather greyish background of Mandrake's menu K. I can't do it through the kde theme manager without changing the whole theme (the kde menu background is the only thing I wanna change). I guess this can be done by changing a color scheme in a configuration file, but cannot find it.

Is anyone has any idea where such a file might be located ?

Many thanks :mr-green: :lol:

You mean the colour of the K menu button? Rightclick on kicker (that's name of the panel), choose configure panel, to the tab looks, and change the k-menu field from default to what ever you want.

You mean the colour of the dropdown menu? Open the kde control center, look & feel, style, colours, click on the dropdown menu (it's not the start menu but it will work). Under widget-colour you can now change the colour, If you click on the text you can change the colour of the text etcetc.

Good luck.

Guest gambas

Thank tou for your help devries, :)

(I actually mean changing the background of the KDE dropdown menu).

I've tried what you suggested but came accross a problem : in kde control center, look & feel, style, colours, the button to enter the panel where widget colours can be changed comes up in grey so that its impossible to click on it and enter in the panel.

I run Mandrake 10.1 official edition as my main system. I checked in another distribution (SuSE) and it does work. But I still do not understand why this button comes up in grey in Mandrake.

Do you have by chance any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Just to make things clear I've added a screenshot. :)

Anyway, what style are you using? Perhaps it is a setting in the style. Look under tab 'effects' (or something like that, and in Plastik for example, edit effect for menu.

And do you use the Mandrake start menu or the KDE start menu? . If it is Mandrake, open menudrake, click meny style and change to 'use DE style start menu'. Then try again.