SDL Hell [solved]

newbie4ever

I just downloaded a really neat looking game. (www.wesnoth.org) I try to compile the thing, and tells me that I need to intall the sdl libraies. I go download the sdl llibrary rpms, and it says I already have them installed (earlier .mdk versions) so what am I doing wrong?

I think I have mandrake 9.1.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I'm currently having this problem as well. Have tried URPMI- Standard libsdl only, and the devel rpms still tell me that they're already installed. The next step was to try & compile from source, but I am told my C++ preprocessor failed a sanity check - ?&@¬!"

Annoyed and confused

-Leezer-

okay, I downloaded the source for SDL_image-1.2.4, but it won't compile. It says it is missing usr/lib/libSDL.so, I go to my usr/lib directory, and I find libSDL.so is linked to a file that does not exsist. I seem to have an earlier version of it though, but I can't seem to change the link or rename the file.

acctually, I fixxed the missing libSDL.so problem by downloading and installing libSDL1.2-devel-1.2.7-2mdk.i586.rpm. I finnally figured out I probably have mandrake 10.0 installed here. I compiled and installed the SDL_image-1.2.4. However, the game (Battle for Wesnoth) still will not compile. It gives me the same errior *** SDL_image include files not found!

I'm not sure about your insane compiler, my compiler passed the sanity check.

I managed to fix my problem with libSDL_image-devel by finding a package for mandrake 10.0, unfotunatly, when I try to install the dev version of mixer for mandrake 10.0 I get this error.

Some package requested cannot be installed:

libSDL_mixer1.2-devel-1.2.5-3mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied devel(libsmpeg-0.4))

do you agree ?

I considered useing the rpms from the SDL site, but if I install the devel from there then it gives me an erro message when I try to compile wesnoth. It says SDL_mixer not found. But if I were to uninstall the mandrake one then I would have to uninstall all the game rpms I have now, so I hate to do that since I might lose save games.

• 3 weeks later...