help for newbies

garf

i was just thinking, i remember back in the day when i used my first linux system (redhat 7.1) and i remeber how frustrating it was to get things working and how to find advice on it, mainly because i dint know anyone who used linux.

would anybody be interseted in me writing a tutorial/help guide to getting up and running? i.e what programs to use to replace <insert application name here>

let me know if its a worth while task

garf

Hi,

There already is a lot of information out there if you search for it.

I think it would be better you if focus on one particular aspect you feel more comfortable with, and do that in detail.

It's great you are considering helping out though!

Darkelve

please tell me where to for example look for help for mandrake 10.1

you can ask here at MUB, also try to use the search button of the MUB then type keywords you'd like to search, that maybe the problem you encountered with your mdk had been already discussed here... or you can use google, search for mandrake help.. then google will lead you to this MUB again.. :P ... and to other sites that generally discuss any distro., as long as you have a connection to the world, the world will help you.. I mean internet

You could write a tutorial on how to choose a beginner distro - I've been meaning to do that for a while, too busy...

I'm going to write a review soon, comparing SuSe 9.3, Linspire Five-O and WindozeXP Home. Only I've got 2 problems:

- SuSe 9.3 is not out yet (until April)

- Linspire Five-O is not out yet (rumoured to be out somewhere this month)

Ah well, at least it'll be worth waiting for and I'll be having fun trying new distro's again! :)