Clueless...

dmzeplin

(Gecko:28826): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtkwidget.c: line 4320 (gtk_widget_get_parent): assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(Gecko:28826): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtkwidget.c: line 4320 (gtk_widget_get_parent): assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

when I open some executable, or download from internet.... These red tend to appears... Should I neglect them??

Thanks for :help:

if the program still works you can pretty much ignore GTK errors. Lots of programs seem to generate them, and they seem to be a bit misleading; they usually say CRITICAL a lot but don't actually seem to stop anything working :). I'd only take any notice of 'em if something doesn't work.

Gecko is the internet engine for mozilla and firefox. How did you install these programs? Did you use a mandrake rpm?

At first, I downloaded from RPMDrake, then the theme was not working since it was not higher 1.0 version, so I removed the mozilla-firefox-0.10.1.4mdk, and download from RPM with Firefox 1.0.1... I was wondering if Firefox 1.0.1 have much bugs than 1.0??

Hope I didn't screw up... eh? :drum:

if the program still works you can pretty much ignore GTK errors. Lots of programs seem to generate them, and they seem to be a bit misleading; they usually say CRITICAL a lot but don't actually seem to stop anything working :). I'd only take any notice of 'em if something doesn't work.

I don't know if I should ignore the problems since some application I download from KDE-Look. org but it disappeared after downloaded... Apparently most from icons for karamba stuff...

Or maybe I didn't follow the instruction from KDE-Look?? Maybe I need to look closer again...

GTK errors won't be related to KDE app icons :). Applications you download and install from anything other than MDK official packages almost certainly won't have menu entries, as MDK uses a custom menu system (actually, we borrowed Debian's) in order to allow menus to be consistent across all desktops. So packages need to be customised with appropriate menu entries. MDK packages are, but third party packages and source tarballs won't be. You should really try and make sure you install software from the official MDK mirrors before trying any other method. If what you needed isn't available this way, you can probably run it after installation by finding the executable and calling it directly from a terminal or from the kicker / Run menu.