Method for the NVidia Drivers.

Lärs

If you are one of those people who tried to install the NVidia drivers under Mandrake 10 and never had success, here is a fresh method that works nicely (at least in my case).

Check out the NVidia Mandrake Driver tutorial at Delboy's Web Corner!

Not only is this site an excellent resource for installing the NVidia Drivers, it is a good Mandrake resource as well. The tutorial involves installing the 6111 drivers, as the 6629 drivers don't work for everyone (at least not myself). I followed the guy's method step by step!!! :headbang:

Edited by Lärs

If you are one of those people who tried to install the NVidia drivers under Mandrake 10 and never had success, here is a fresh method that works nicely (at least in my case).

Check out the NVidia Mandrake Driver tutorial at Delboy's Web Corner!

Not only is this site an excellent resource for installing the NVidia Drivers, it is a good Mandrake resource as well.  The tutorial involves installing the 6111 drivers, as the 6629 drivers don't work for everyone (at least not myself).  I followed the guy's method step by step!!!  :headbang:

I read this post because I had recently posted a newbie article http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=23333 about a second kernel and Nvidia 6629. I liked Delroy's web corner sufficiently to print the "basics" and the "Nvidia" articles. Nice!!!

Thanks!

:thanks:

Kristi

Truthfully I had problems installing 6629 onto 10.2b3 but once edited the file rhconfig.h and removed the excess '&&' at line 43 position 194 it compiled the module fine and I now have my FX5500 working fine again.

Note for anyone who tries the 2.6.11 kernels from Cooker; nvidia 6111 and 6629 won't work. There's a new version, 7167, on the nvidia site: http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display...2_1.0-7167.html . It works. 6629 can be patched, but why bother? :)

Thanks!!!

Does this mean that there's a MDK10.3b? a? available?

Ah, I also notice 2rc1's up. Ah, it's listed on wiki. (duh!)

EDIT: there's a 10.2rc1 available with the 2.6.11-1mdk kern Use cooker for urpmi.

tia

Kristi

Edited by kristi

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad I could help.  Yet I'm a mere Linux newbie myself  :lol: .

That's the way it's supposed to work. It's nice to help isn't it? No matter how much you feal like a n00b, I was at least a big of a n00b just a couple years ago, and I've helped countless people. And beyond that, there's people on this board who have help many times the number of people I've helped.

In no time, you'll no as much as me or more, and you'll be answering questions every time you come here.