gDesklets keeps crashing!

Naim89

Hey,

I've recently installed gDesklets from the Mandrake 10.1 DVD, but it keeps crashing.

Here is what appears in the console window:

[naim@localhost naim]$ gdesklets start
connected to daemon in 627 milliseconds
[naim@localhost naim]$ gdesklets shell
[naim@localhost naim]$
(gDesklets Shell:13608): GConf-CRITICAL **: file gconf-client.c: line 547 (gconf_client_add_dir): assertion `gconf_valid_key (dirname, NULL)' failed
/usr/share/gdesklets/shell/BookmarkList.py:19: DeprecationWarning: use gtk.ComboBox
 self.__optmenu = gtk.OptionMenu()
SCIM: im_module_init

** (gDesklets Shell:13608): WARNING **: Pixbuf theme: Cannot load pixmap file /usr/share/icons/SphereCrystal/scalable/stock: Image file '/usr/share/icons/SphereCrystal/scalable/stock' contains no data

(gDesklets Shell:13608): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: file ../../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.c: line 481 (gdk_pixbuf_get_width): assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(gDesklets Shell:13608): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: file ../../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.c: line 497 (gdk_pixbuf_get_height): assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

After that, it just shuts down.

Any suggestions?

i get the same thing. i can sometimes run the daemon, but the shell always crashes. its weird because im also using the included RPM from the 10.1 discs. you would think that an included version would work.

[adam@localhost adam]$ gdesklets shell
[adam@localhost adam]$
(gDesklets Shell:3392): GConf-CRITICAL **: file gconf-client.c: line 547 (gconf_client_add_dir): assertion `gconf_valid_key (dirname, NULL)' failed
/usr/share/gdesklets/shell/BookmarkList.py:19: DeprecationWarning: use gtk.ComboBox
 self.__optmenu = gtk.OptionMenu()

whats the deal?

Edited by abbot

I've played with it and I've tried to get an aspect of the program to work, which is to load the desklets from the command line.

Hence:

[naim@localhost naim]$ gdesklets open /usr/share/gdesklets/Displays/sysinfo/sysinfo.display
connected to daemon in 1417 milliseconds
ID: id11103102770228504

This command loads the theme directly (and starts gDesklets if it hasn't already done so).

However, don't even THINK about trying to configure the theme, because as soon as you click the command on the menu when you right-click on the desklet, the program just crashes again! This is irritating, because the theme that I'm loading monitors network connections - and its default is set to eth0, when I need it to be set to ppp0!

What's up with the program?

yeah. i found the same thing ^^^

i tweaked the hell out of my karamba stuff when i was using KDE and i loved it. i wanted to switch to Gnome because i liked the GTK/Metacity theme system better, but if i cant get this working i may switch back.