.tar.gz uninstall [solved]

New2MDK

After reading FAQs, I learned how to install rpm's and .tar.gz through CLI, but there was nothing about how to uninstall. If I wanted to uninstall an RPM, I could remove it with rpmdrake. How would I remove a .tar.gz. I googled it, and the explanation I got is not meant for a newbies eye's :drum:

Thank you for any input, take care

New2MDK

whenever you build something from source, make sure you leave the source code there. To uninstall it, simply run:

# make uninstall

In the same place you ran 'make install' to install it. 99% of software respects the unwritten law Thou Shalt Provide 'make uninstall'. Really badly written source code that doesn't makes me annoyed as hell, but you can usually get rid of it by looking around in /usr/local and finding all the files it installed.

whenever you build something from source, make sure you leave the source code there. To uninstall it, simply run:

# make uninstall

In the same place you ran 'make install' to install it. 99% of software respects the unwritten law Thou Shalt Provide 'make uninstall'. Really badly written source code that doesn't makes me annoyed as hell, but you can usually get rid of it by looking around in /usr/local and finding all the files it installed.

The thing is adamw, when I originally installed firefox the only option I had was to double click the icon 'FIREFOX-INSTALLER', apparently that is incorrect. In the FAQs I seen all that process was suppose to happen, however, I wasn't able to perform that. However, it still installed and I haven't had any problems using it. I want to uninstall it only to reinstall it , as I'm trying to become more proficient using CLI.

So, did I mess things up by installing it that way? Making it impossible to uninstall?

please advise,

Thank you

Firefox is available in rpm format from urpmi sources.

To find out where your installed version is run:

locate firefox

from a consol and delete the files /directories