KDE update misses plastik style

nplatis

Hi,

I just upgraded my KDE to 3.3.2 using thac's latest RPMs and I am very satisfied with the result. The process was painless, in general, and many things seem to work better and faster than before.

The only problem I encountered concerns the widget styles. More specifically, in the KDE Control Center -> LookNFeel -> Style, only the following widget styles are listed after the upgrade: CDE, Compact, MS Windows 9x, Motif, Motif Plus, Platinum, SGI, Thememdk. So there is not Plastik or Keramik, which I think are included with KDE. Is this normal? I have removed and re-installed kdeartwork-....-.RPM, but nothing has changed. Anyone has encountered somehting similar?

Does anyone know which file(s) control the Style section of the Control Center, so that I could check them?

Many thanks in advance.

Nikos Platis

[moved from Installing Mandrake by spinynorman]

• 5 weeks later...

There are 3.3.2 and 3.4 RPMS provided by thac, at http://rpm.nyvalls.se

However, you should be aware that this is not an easy task, you need to upgrade a lot of packages, and there are some chances that the end result is not good.

You can find a log discussion in this forum for the upgrade to KDE 3.4:

http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=23817