Digital Camera communications

KopiX

Howdy folks.

I just purchased a new digital camera (Canon 20D), and I can't get it to connect. My old camera (Canon G5) works fine and connects fine, but with this one when I plug it in the computer recognizes that there is a camera plugged in but is unable to connect to the camera itself. KDE tells me "Corrupted data", and the kernel tells me:

Mar 2 13:26:32 localhost kernel: usb 4-5: new high speed USB device using address 9

Mar 2 13:26:42 localhost su(pam_unix)[6600]: session opened for user root by damaged(uid=500)

Mar 2 13:26:48 localhost kernel: usb 4-5: usbfs: interface 0 claimed while 'kcontrol'sets config #1

Mar 2 13:26:48 localhost kernel: usb 4-5: usbfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed ep 0x81 len 64 ret -75

I have no idea what this means, nor do I have any clue where to begin to solve this. It confuses me that my other camera works just fine but apparently newer cameras don't work so well.

I'm using kernel 2.6.8.1-20mdk if that matters. It seems like this should work just fine, all the programs I use for digital cameras recognize that there is a "Canon 20D normal mode" plugged in.. None can connect though??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.