Acer TM 660 wireless install

Guest chris4555

Guest chris4555

Please help...Very new user. Installed mandrake 10.1 and it was very easy, now to use th OS fully i need to get the wireless card working. I have tried and tried for 1 week now with no joy, The drivers are installed as the device shows in MCC

ifconfig

eth0 ethernet

eth1 cant recall what it is but its hardware sure its wireless but cant reconise name

st1 iv4 or something

iwconfig bring up no wireless extensions on all 3 devices

wlan0 does not show.

Also i have tryed user acerhk which is some kind of driver so u can turn wireless on from the button at the front of that laptop. But when i try a make install it gives 1 error. Please help somebody anybody

Guest chris4555

Tryed the link above but this line appears

As far as I know the wlan doesn't work on linux yet.

I have got a few steps further on anyway. Ok even though in MCC the wireless network card was installed it seems it wasnt installed correctly. What I done last night was use ndiswrapper(The best program on earth) And wrapped a standerd XP driver for my 2100b wireless card, and with in 5 mins I had the wireless card installed and showing up as wlan0.

So now i have ifconfig eth1 down, and ifconfig wlan0 up.

And now my wireless light is on and everthing. Can scan and pick up my access point WOWWOWOW.

Next problem. How do I :

a) get dhcp to work to assign ip to wrieless, How do I see if wireless has an IP addrees

B) How do I input an IP address.

Also I had kwifi on the machine which worked and loaded up before installing new driver. Now it wont open. Any ideas..........

I know you guys are all wizzards on linux so these questions will be easy