Must be burnout...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, this (mandrakeusers.org) seems a more friendly community to me at this point than the one in Mandrake Club, for what it is worth.

I really feel for you folks that run places like this - not only do you take the time to answer questions FOR FREE, but you put up with some people so abrasive that you could use them for grout cleaner. Thank you for sticking with it as long as you have.

If I ever complain here about help I have received assume that I have had a lobotomy and point me to the nearest medical personnel.

As someone who has gone from "hey lets try Linux for a laugh" to "this ain't bad" to "Windows..err..no thanks" in the last 2 months, I can only say a big

THANKYOU

...to all the people who post solutions on here - there's no doubt that this has been where I have gained most understanding. Still don't understand 99% of whats happening (its more like rote learning atm), but give us newbs time and we'll be able to help answer questions too! :)

As someone who has gone from "hey lets try Linux for a laugh" to "this ain't bad" to "Windows..err..no thanks" in the last 2 months, I can only say a big

THANKYOU

...to all the people who post solutions on here - there's no doubt that this has been where I have gained most understanding.  Still don't understand 99% of whats happening (its more like rote learning atm), but give us newbs time and we'll be able to help answer questions too! :)

Now that's the spirit! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been here much lately myself. I guess you could say that the learning curve was a little too steep for this old man. (I did get a chance to help some kids on a Mandy LiveJournal forum, though. I guess some of the hours I had read here and cursed at my computer weren't totally wasted ;-)

But in all that, I heartely second a loud and long THANK YOU to all here that have devoted their time and energy!!