Konqueror Trouble

Naim89

Hi all,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise if I've posted in the wrong place - i can't seem to be able to post in the GENERAL HELP forum, and as there's no Troubleshooting forum as such, I thought that this was probably the best place to post.

The problem is that Konqueror keeps crashing when i mount/unmount my digital camera and/or memory key. It works fine before that, but if i ever mount/unmount these devices, I can't seem to be able to start Konqueror - it just stays in the taskbar, with the timer spinning, but nothing happening!

Could anyone please suggest any solutions? :thanks:

MOD note: moved from tips to software by scoopy...

Naim89... if you are still unable to post in this forum or thread... please PM me or any other admin/mod

Thanks for moving the post to the correct place, and the problem that I had about posting seems to have resolved.

Perhaps I should include a little more information. I am running Mandrake 10.1, under KDE 3.2. I stress that this problem is only with Konqueror - Nautilus and Midnight Commander don't have any problems when I mount and unmount devices, but it just seems to be Konqueror. Could it be a bug in the program? Does anyone know if it is a bug, and/or if it is resolved in KDE 3.3? I am rather new to Linux, so please tell me if I'm missing something under my nose!

echo "Please enter a directory name for the pictures."
read DIRPATH
mkdir /home/naim/picture/$DIRPATH
su -c "/sbin/modprobe usb-storage; mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera;
/etc/rc.d/init.d/usb start;
cp /mnt/camera/dcim/100_fuji/*.jpg /home/naim/picture/$DIRPATH;
umount /mnt/camera;
chown -R naim /home/naim/picture/$DIRPATH"

Above is the shell script that I'm using to download the images (where naim is my username). Konqueror works fine before i execute this script, however when I execute it, Konqueror fails to work any more - it doesn't seem to start. It just sits silently in the taskbar, and then after one minute, it disappears. That's the end of it!

Thanks in advance,

Naim