mplayer [solved]

Totovich

when installing mplayer, I allways get lots of errors.

first the real codecs (I installed them), then the xanim codecs (i installed them) then the win32 codecs (I installed them, but now the latest error is this one:

Bepaalde gevraagde pakketten konden niet worden geïnstalleerd:

mplayer-1.0-0.pre6.7plf.i586 (vanwege onvoldane libdivxdecore.so.0)

so I'm missing libdivxdecore.so.0, but I can't find it. I installed libdivxdecore-0.4.7-5.i586.rpm

but that didn't make any difference.

the mplayer version I try to install is: mplayer-1.0-0.pre6.7plf.i586.rpm

I had mplayer installed on my computer before, but it crashed whole the time, so I removed it with rpmdrake.

Mind to assist my problem again? Since I have update all such as plf, non-plf, config, and all.

I typed urpmi mplayer and download everything itself then it appeared:

The following packages have bad signatures:

/mnt/cdrom/media/main/fribidi-0.10.4-4mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid Key ID ((sha1) dsa sha1 md5 gpg GPG#26752624 OK)

/mnt/cdrom/media/main/libfribidi0-0.10.4-4mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid Key ID ((sha1) dsa sha1 md5 gpg GPG#26752624 OK)

/mnt/cdrom/media/main/liblirc0-0.6.6-7mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid Key ID ((sha1) dsa sha1 md5 gpg GPG#26752624 OK)

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/liblzo1-1.08-4mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid Key ID ((sha1) dsa sha1 md5 gpg GPG#26752624 OK)

Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N)

I clicked Y to continue... then seems success with downloaded.... But I can't find executable mplayer? Does these bad signatures that cause it?

Also, I find located mplayer in /usr/bin/mplayer and try to command run it, but nothing happened? :unsure:

Edited by dmzeplin

Looking at the error messages in your post, you didn't download anything. It all came from your CDs apart from the last file. Try going into mandrake control centre>>>>Media manager and uncheck your CDs. Then run urpmi mplayer

Looking at the error messages in your post, you didn't download anything. It all came from your CDs apart from the last file. Try going into mandrake control centre>>>>Media manager and uncheck your CDs. Then run urpmi mplayer

I have uncheck CDs from MCC. and urpmi mplayer, but it said it already installed... I am thinking if I should uninstall mplayer and then reinstall with three uncheck from CDs to have download whole from urpmi?

:unsure:

urpmi mplayer

will actually only give you the command line player - you have to also do:

urpmi mplayer-gui

and then you will get the mplayer entry in your menu.

Oh, make sure your sources are setup properly, etc...

ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux...6.7plf.i586.rpm

installing /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/mplayer-gui-1.0-0.pre6.7plf.i586.rpm

Preparing... ##################################################

1:mplayer-gui ##################################################

look like, nothing happened?? I will try to restart it...

• 1 month later...