Acrobat Reader look worse?!?!

dmzeplin

I was surprised to see what kind of graphic I get from Acrobat Reader?? At first, I tried to get from MCC to install it... but they doesn't have it, I also, urpmi acrobat reader, but it said perl-patchreader or qfaxreader.

So, I decided to find RPM from website and found acroread-5.0.10.2.norlug, and installed it. But wow the graphic must be bad... it look like only black and white color and look like 1700's??

Is that supposed to be?? :unsure:

I was wondering if I should uninstall the first Acrobat Reader before I start install the new one? Or just install and overwrite the current Acrobat Reader??

BTW, how is the output? Did it look better from Bittorrent?? Let me know... I have not install yet...

David

I've been using Acrobat Reader that I downloaded from adobe website and it seems fine to me.. the documents only goes black when you minimize the window, but generally, I find it ok.... have you tried to install the reader from Adobe.com?

I've been using Acrobat Reader that I downloaded from adobe website and it seems fine to me.. the documents only goes black when you minimize the window, but generally, I find it ok.... have you tried to install the reader from Adobe.com?

I am trying to avoid download from website, only from Urpmi which make my job easier, but if that is successful for you, I am thinking of try it too..

You could also try with 'xpdf'. It's much nicer IMHO.

Can you be more clarify of how to get XPDF?

Via Urmpi. Check her to howto setting it up http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=10600