Azureus vs BitTornado

dmzeplin

Which would you think better Azureus or BitTorando?? Since I am unable to find RPM or source for BitTorando on Mandrake 10.1.... Azureus we have one... But have not install either yet....

I tried Bittorrent but I didn't make it... So, i prefer to get download from RPMDrake...

Let me know about your opinions?? :unsure:

I find they are about equal in ability and function. You can adjust speed of down and upload easily and can configure about anything you want in either. The biggest difference I see is Bittornado uses individual screens for each torrent, much like a download window where Azureus opens one interface with torrents listed either in the uploading or downloading window and will shrink to the system tray. Personally I prefer Azureus for it's single interface design and it's ability to run from the system tray.

Capn

bittornado packages are in contrib. Personally I actually use the original bittorrent client (which is also packaged) - you can limit upload speed with the --max_upload_rate parameter, which is all the configuration I really need, and I was surprised to learn a couple of days ago that it now has a really nice GUI interface (it used to have a hideous one which looked rather like the one BitTornado has right now). Azureus's interface is quite nice but it's way too bloaty...darn Java.

Edited by adamw

Many thanks for better feedback, and I am thinking of using either one for now untila month then switch to other and compare to see for myself?? However, I know Azureus that I can find source, but Bittorando, I download from contrib, but it said not found??

Thanks again! :thanks: