iPod discussion

Jet2k5

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be different and the same with one of these

Bear in mind that, until recently, this was called the super shuffle.  It even had an ad with a silouette with white headphones!

Seen it already. Doesnt have a screen. Nor have I seen it available near here. And theres no way im sending my money to some random place.

Edited by iphitus

I can't get worked up about mp3 players. :P

I've used the iPod. I've used a variety of other mp3 players. The iPod beat them all hands down. iTunes rocks. Apple rocks. They're on top because they're the best (unlike M$).

I've also used the Shuffle - it rocks. And it depends on what you want to do with it. You can't use a spanner on a screw and then tell me that spanners suck because they can't turn screws like screwdrivers. An mp3 player with an FM tuner and a screen are completely different animals.

soulse: sadly, I think people who actually like to listen to whole albums of music all the way through are in the minority these days. Most of my friends listen to music the way Apple envisaged for the Shuffle, they just pick up a random lump of songs and play them in any old order. philistines. sigh.

soulse: sadly, I think people who actually like to listen to whole albums of music all the way through are in the minority these days. Most of my friends listen to music the way Apple envisaged for the Shuffle, they just pick up a random lump of songs and play them in any old order. philistines. sigh.

Too true - the day of the single has returned.

Hey, it worked for The Sex Pistols ;)

That's the great thing about a proper (i.e. not shuffle) ipod is that you get the best of both worlds. I listen to whole albums; put together playlists of certain tracks and occasionaly just put it on shuffle - it's great!

Edited by phunni

Just at home, I do play by CD, and unlike most kids my age, i still do buy CDs. Other times when I dont know what to listen to is when i use random/shuffle. I only use my mp3 player for about half an hour to an hour a day on the train to and from school, so I feel like an ipod would be overkill.

iphitus

Just at home, I do play by CD, and unlike most kids my age, i still do buy CDs. Other times when I dont know what to listen to is when i use random/shuffle. I only use my mp3 player for about half an hour to an hour a day on the train to and from school, so I feel like an ipod would be overkill.

iphitus

Yeah, then a cheaper solution is for you.

I now have around 1200 cds. I want to rip them all the mp3 / ogg, but I'm too lazy, don't have the time and my collection grows by the week.

Thing is, if I don't rip them I'll never listen to them. I only listen to music on my computer at home, work or on my laptop. My new car doesn't have a cd player (yet) - so it's all very silly right now.

I've got an iPod Mini but I currently only use it with my iMac. With my linux-based laptop the firewire ports crapped out a couple of times whilst transfering songs and it wiped the iPod clean - not very nice!!!!!!

The main reason I'd be interested in a shuffle would be for the gym - upbeat tracks to keep you going and you don't need more than about 2 hours worth.

I've got an iPod Mini but I currently only use it with my iMac. With my linux-based laptop the firewire ports crapped out a couple of times whilst transfering songs and it wiped the iPod clean - not very nice!!!!!!

The main reason I'd be interested in a shuffle would be for the gym - upbeat tracks to keep you going and you don't need more than about 2 hours worth.

What is g-ym? :P

It's like a lan-party, only people are all smelly and sweaty when they leave, rather than as they enter.

Luckily I don't attend those either. :cheesy:

Good description btw. We should have awards for such brilliant liners.

Oops... just occured to me - :offtopic:

Bad me! Bad Qchem! Talk about ipods again, damnit.

• 1 month later...
Guest teddy_kgb

Man its rough man I dont know where to start or where to begin,

I am new to linux and am trying to go be a complete convert.

I installed gtkpod through software installer but dont see the program on any of the menus.

When I tried to install it through the command line, it seemed to work but when i enter the command gtkpod it doesnt start as it isnt a recognised command.

Anyone want to tell me whats wrong. Its rough man.

thanks

Edited by teddy_kgb