iPod discussion

Jet2k5

Good stuff, I installed WinXP just to format my mini iPod. It's been working great but iTunes has been very weird every since I updated it. It's been freezing up on my link crazy, right in the middle of transfers :\. When I get home today I am going to try it from Mdk 10.1 I already have gtkpod installed now it's the matter of hooking up my ipod.

TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE get an iPod lol, seriously these things can pack hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of music. And the control spin thing is ever cooler :)

-Luis

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gasparov

Hi,

it seems that iPod mini has problems with 2.4 and 2.6 generation kernel, this problem in particular applies to Mandrake 10.1 official (at least on mine). Efi guid partition support in the kernel makes trouble:

Sep 24 21:14:27 t42p kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical
block 999935
Sep 24 21:14:27 t42p kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 7999480
Sep 24 21:14:27 t42p kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical
block 999935

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-deve...r/msg01106.html

Need to recompile and set that thing off, reported as working on red hat based ....I'll try it soon...

Any walkaround you know with no recompile?

Well I tried following that website, but I read it really fast and I didn't see that much stuff about USB.

I hooked up my iPod through my USB port, and then followed the steps, and I get a bunch of errors.

I'll get those errors as soon as I can, for right now I must get ready for my Job Orentation.

-Jet2k5

Ok well I installed Ubuntu Linux , and let me tell you that detected the iPod right of the box. I was able to mount it and everything, but when trying to use gtkpod to transfer the songs on there it says that it's not writeble or something, one thing that I liked a lot was that I can transfer songs from the iPod to the computer, which if I believe iTunes doesn't even have! So I'm thinking about doing that, and formatting the hdd on the iPod , and having HFS instead of the fat32 that I currently have.

But I seriously don't want to try that, it might just mess something up :(

I'm open to any ideas , so please place your comments, I want to have another reason to be completely windows free :)

-Luis

Guest tabdo304

**** THIS IS SPAM AND UN-TRUE. DO NOT FALL FOR IT -SOULSE ****

Hey, if you guys are looking to get a free ipod, heres your chance. Its legit, and more than 4 million dollars of free stuff has been givin out. Its Legit, and its super simple. All you have to do is sign up for a free offer, i did the blockbuster movie rental, where you participate in a FREE trial period, and then i cancled my subsrcription. After that you just get a few friends to do the same thing, and you'll be getting your free ipod in no time. Check it out!!!

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=9726902

and if your not a believer, you can read up on the offer here

http://www.mburney.com/ipod/

**** THIS IS SPAM AND UN-TRUE. DO NOT FALL FOR IT -SOULSE ****

EDIT: Just left it in, because it's funny. And retarded. :lol2:

• 1 month later...
Guest seekdestroy16
Good stuff, I installed WinXP just to format my mini iPod.  It's been working great but iTunes has been very weird every since I updated it.  It's been freezing up on my link crazy, right in the middle of transfers :\.  When I get home today I am going to try it from Mdk 10.1 I already have gtkpod installed now it's the matter of hooking up my ipod.

TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE get an iPod lol, seriously these things can pack hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of music.  And the control spin thing is ever cooler :)

-Luis

For those who dont have an ipod and want a free one! read this!:

I bet you are all wondering "Where is there a site (unlike freeipods.com) that I can get an ipod absolutely free no charge?". Well its easy, go to my site www.mikesfreeipodguide.cjb.net for a guide for a free ipod! because everyones a winner! All that is required is that you have to be age 13 years and up and reside in US&Canada. It's a WIN/WIN situation. (for more info go to my site )

I bet you are all wondering "Where is there a site (unlike freeipods.com) that I can get an ipod absolutely free no charge?". Well its easy, go to my site www.mikesfreeipodguide.cjb.net for a guide for a free ipod! because everyones a winner! All that is required is that you have to be age 13 years and up and reside in US&Canada. It's a WIN/WIN situation. (for more info go to my site )

AHAHAHA ROFL BULLSHIT

:oops: excuse the french

Besides, ipods are overrated...

/me looks at the creative MuVO NX FM which is soon to be his............

Edited by iphitus

AHAHAHA ROFL BULLSHIT

:oops: excuse the french

Besides, ipods are overrated...

/me looks at the creative MuVO NX FM which is soon to be his............

Toilet mouth! :lol:

Should I be deleting those posts? Because I actually think they're funny!

Oh, and dude, the ipod is so not over-rated - look at value for money, you can't really get anything with the capacity offered by the ipod range for the same price. They're also very robust and the user interface beats the crap out of the competition.

Yes, but im one of those people who HAS to be different.

I dont want an ipod because EVERYONE has one.

And besides, an ipod doesnt suit my needs, i prefer a smaller device with 512mb or so, fm radio, screen, shuffle function.

the creative muvo nx fm does that and for the same price as an ipod shuffle. except the muvo has a screen and fm radio.

Oh, and quite frankly NO interface beats being able to drag and drop in a file manager or use regular cp at the command line to transfer music imho.

Edited by iphitus