USB2 PCI card recommendations?

richie

Hi

I have some problems using usb-storage devices using usb1.1, namely mp3 players. Usb-storage works fine for a USB keyring I have, but just refuses to work with mp3 players. Errors like control timeout on ep0out in /var/logs/messages

I have tried the noapic in lilo with no luck. I am now thinking of getting a PCI card with USB2, but I can not find which ones, if any, are compatible.with MDK 10.1 Official.

Does anyone have any PCI USB2 cards working they can recommend?

thanks

Rich

I have an Adaptec Duo Connect combination FireWire / USB 2.0 card which seems to be functioning well with Mandrake 10.1 OE, BUT, I have never plugged anything into it more complicated than a mouse and multi-port CF Card reader (Addonics Digidrive) under Linux.

usbview shows both an ehci and ohci host controller.

I have an Adaptec Duo Connect combination FireWire / USB 2.0 card which seems to be functioning well with Mandrake 10.1 OE, BUT, I have never plugged anything into it more complicated than a mouse and multi-port CF Card reader (Addonics Digidrive) under Linux.

usbview shows both an ehci and ohci host controller.

Hi

Are the devices you plug in to it USB2? I don't think your mouse will be or need USB2, but does your card reader run at full USB2 speed, 480Mbits/sec? I think usbview should show the transfer speed. Appreciate if you could give it a go and let me know.

thanks in advance.

Rich

Are the devices you plug in to it USB2? I don't think your mouse will be or need USB2, but does your card reader run at full USB2 speed, 480Mbits/sec? I think usbview should show the transfer speed. Appreciate if you could give it a go and let me know.

I believe the DigiDrive is USB2. usbview shows transfer speed of 480 Mb/s.

I can't seem to copy and paste from the usbview window so I will try to add a couple of pics showing the output.

post-7264-1109003909_thumb.jpgpost-7264-1109003978_thumb.jpg