Who should own computers?

arthur

who should own computers?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. who should own computers?

• 1)experienced/good users
    • 2)including average users
    • 3)everybody

So in closing I think everyone should be allowed to use a computer but they should be required to take a  class to learn about responsible use.

People who are intelligent and want to learn will learn just by pointing, clicking, and asking questions here. A little intro class might also benefit them.

However, the people who have decided they do not want to learn will not be helped by a little class. I am in software support and at this one company I was talking to a lady who did not know how to drag and drop, did not know how to find files or folders, had never heard of Winzip - everything was light years beyond her but she was the computer user. She also said they would NOT hire anyone to serve as technical support for their company.

I told her to find someone there who played games at home on their computer, that was the person I wanted to deal with. That suggestion worked like a charm. My point is you have an entire group of people out there who want to treat a computer like a toaster, put bread in and get toast out without worrying about how it happens.

Phil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic