Sound Issues in MDK 10.1

stevenyu

Ok guys, I fix my wifi in ndiswrapper, now I got sound issues :cheeky:

I have one VIA onboard sound, and one SB 5.1 PCI soundcard, here is what I can do straight after the installation:

all sound and music (waves, CD, MP3, Movies) works on the VIA onbaord sound

only music CD works in SB5.1 (digital signal, I didn't use the stanadard 4 pins autdio cable in between the DVDROM and the SB5.1)

then I did the alsaconf and got MP3 to works in the SB5.1, but it is still not playing back sound in WMV video files, the KDE system bell, as well as MIDI

:help:

First: Better not to use alsaconf. Mandrake comes with pretty good tools to configure your soundcard. If you use Mandrake use their tools. :)

That said: If you have sound coming from the SB it is installed and configured correctly. The problem is with the applications. Try turning of arts in the kde control center (or make sure arts is using the SB (kde control center, sound & multimedia, soundsystem.)

For midi read the faqs: http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=22604 If it doesn't work post the errors.