cannot install xfce with urpmi

dubbrich

Is there any way to install xfce without having to compile the source in konsole (for some reason, every time I try to install an app in konsole I get errors with my compilers). I tried to run urpmi xfce, but I dont believe it's in the repository (yes, I updated first).

alright, I got xfce installed. but I some of the packages had bad signatures. I wonder if this is going to effect the performance or stability of it.

Guest pdjones2112

In all the distros I have tried over the years, I have always found the xfce is by far the coolest desktop environment, next to windowmaker that is. That is the joy of Linux... don't like KDE or Gnone, no problem!

Of course, I am still looking for a distro that works well with my laptop (a silly Toshiba), 10.1 official is the closest I have come to date.

:D

I'm just rying to try new things and I heard enlightenment, window maker, and xfce were nice dektop managers. I've really only tried kde and gnome so far

There is a new xfce release, just out, xfce 4.2. There is a live CD that you can download and try, without messing up your current installation at all. I have downloaded and tried the live distro CD and xfce 4.2 is really cool. I will be adding it to my Mandrake for sure. There is a Mandrake 10.1 package prebuilt and availalbe at the xfce site; this should save you LOTS of time. I am going to install it myself. I will let the forum know how it goes.