mozilla disappears

Guest fiddler

Guest fiddler

I downloded and installed mozilla firefox, everything went ok. I could browse and access all the sites I wanted to.

But, the next time I booted into Mandrake, I couldnt find it !!! It wasnt listed with konqueror. Whats going on ?? :angry::thanks:

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

did you download the rpm from a mirror or did you download it from the firefox-site? in case of a rpm, it should appear in your menu-structure. in the latter case, you need to add the program to the menu manually. you can use menudrake for that.

Guest fiddler
did you download the rpm from a mirror or did you download it from the firefox-site? in case of a rpm, it should appear in your menu-structure. in the latter case, you need to add the program to the menu manually. you can use menudrake for that.

Thanks, Arctic, for the reply...... I dl'd from firefox site. But I dont know how to do it manually. What is easier, showing me how to do that, or, explaining how to dl from a mirror? I am not at all familiar with linux workings!!

:thanks:

It sounds like you installed the Firefox installer version.

It won't be added to the Start menu. It can be, and is a little involved but you can work that out later.

Using Konqueror go to where you placed the installer program and and open it up to find the file called simply ... firefox ......

Click on it and it will start firefox so you can tell if you have the right one. Close the firefox you just opened. Do a drag and drop to either the desktop or the panel and when you release it it will give you an option, select ..... OK. This creates a shortcut or link to firefox.

To give the link a firefox icon, right click on the link and select ....Properties.... and click on the icon shown which will take you through the routine for selecting icons.

Cheers. John

about auto-downloading firefox from the net using easyurpmi-mirrors: above is a link for easyurpmi. just follow the instructions and you will get a list of some 6500 packages for download. now, if you want to install e.g. firefox, run in a terminal as root:

urpmi mozilla-firefox

the tool will automatically add the app to your menu etc. the only disadvantage is that the firefox package is not the latest version. but it works excellent nonetheless (for me).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you brought to my attention since I download from easyurpmi and it works pretty cool so far... But mentioned about not the latest version.

My question, If I can get any program from easyurpmi then go to website to get upgrade it?? For example, I downloaded mozilla-firefox from easyurpmi then can I go to Mozilla.org to find upgrade from there and downloaded for upgrade??

I think download from easyurpmi would be much easier!!! but bit lagging the latest version...

:juggle:

Hi, you brought to my attention since I download from easyurpmi and it works pretty cool so far...  But mentioned about not the latest version. 

My question, If I can get any program from easyurpmi then go to website to get upgrade it??  For example, I downloaded mozilla-firefox from easyurpmi then can I go to Mozilla.org to find upgrade from there and downloaded for upgrade?? 

I think download from easyurpmi would be much easier!!! but bit lagging the latest version...

:juggle:

The Easy-URPMI gives you an RPM package specifically designed for the Mandrake system. You can't get that directly from Mozilla. In Mandrake, if you go into the Mandrake Control Center (MCC) and then go to software management there is a place where you can with one mouse click get the latest updates for all the packages installed on your system. If you try that in a few months you will probably get a more updated version.

Phil

When I download from update in MCC and I was wondering if that will problem for theme if I want to change something new from site?

Since I tried to click to get new theme but it didn't reply and I go by myself to get the theme from site and it will not let me download...

Is there something else I can get it??