Help me make KDE 3 look like Mac OS X!

DOlson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MacOSX has the single menubar on top [...] problem
Not a prob.
Do you mean that Linux can do that now? (move all menubars to the top and switch depending on focus)

Always could, since I can remember... It just works with mostly only Qt apps (in KDE) and I think Gnome will do it with GTK apps, possibly by default... I can't recall.

knowledge1.png

That's as close as I've got it so far.

I'm missing this:

* GTK 1 AND 2 theme. I downloaded one, but I didn't install it yet, nor do I know how to select it.

* Rounded window decor. Preferable an IceWM theme. And preferably with NO border, as Macs have no border.

I guess that's about it. Possibly newer icons, but I just didn't set up the ones I did download yet.

Guest defunct

Does the KDE bar come like that on 9.0, because in 8.1 i tried to shrink it to the center and couldn't figure it out. in preferences you can set the length of it on the screen but that keeps it aligned left.. i couldn't figure out if it was possible to align it to the right.

I think, the BIGGEST difficulty is getting Gnome2 to Aqua look, for getting GTK-Apps looking like qt-apps. It's really ugly, if the themes for gtk and qt aren't equal (--> buttons, dropdown,etc...)

Only way i see to do this is installing Gnome1.4, there are several really good aqua GTK-themes, which then will be shown under kde, too...

Second, the transparent widget isn't possible by now, as the magnifying icons in the panel...

• 1 month later...

The readme in the extracted folder had nothing to say about the installation, and the download site instructions said to extract them into the opt/kde3/share/icons folder, but of course Mandrake doesn't install kde3 there. Elsewhere it said to install it as an icon theme using control center, but its not an installable theme as I can see. I have tons of icons extracted....just ain't sure where to extract them to in such a way as a theme where the Control center can call them.